[plt-scheme] Sanitizing DrScheme .scm files with XML boxes for MzScheme?

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 26 08:44:31 EST 2004

> You replied that compilation fails in MzScheme but works in DrScheme,
> which makes no sense as a reply.

Yes, to understand what I wrote you probably have to read the manuals a
little more closely that you did and you must also realize that
`compile-file' is probably buggy (or needs a twin, possibly).

We'll fix that at some point. Thank you for bringing it to our
attention.

But you can probably roll the function you want yourself. The trick is
to load the file into an instance of a text% and then create a port
from that text%, rather than using open-input-file. Something like
this:

(define text (new text%))
(send text load-file "file-to-be-compiled.ss")
(define in-p (open-input-text-editor text))

The rest of what compile-file does (see it's source) should be just
fine for you.

I hope that you find this makes more sense as a reply.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.