[plt-scheme] Re: image manipulation

From: Scott Owens (sowens at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 25 11:29:19 EST 2004

The SRFI 4 implementation is actually based on an older version of the
SGL implementation.  However, I can't think of a sensible way to unify
them.  The SGL vectors have to be based on the GL typedefs such as
GLint, GLushort and so on.  The size of these types may vary between
different GL implementations, but SGL code should not have to worry
about it.  On the other hand, SRFI 4 arrays have to deal with specific
sizes to meet the specification.

So what would unifying them mean?  From a PLT maintainer's perspective,
it would be nice if they shared the same back-end C code.  But at the
Scheme level, there is a need for the different interfaces they
provide.

-Scott