[plt-scheme] Interrupting a Computation

From: Alexandre Bergel (bergel at iam.unibe.ch)
Date: Wed Mar 24 15:41:11 EST 2004

This is my first mail on this mailing list. Please, let me know if it is not appropriate to submit some report related strange behavior of DrScheme.

Often I simply cannot stop a computation. The Break button does not seem to respond when I click on it when performing computation such as:
(define (iota a b)
  (if (= a b)
    (cons b '()) ; which is absolutely equivalent to (list b)
    (cons a (iota (+ a 1) b))))
(define limit 10000000)
(define notToBedisplayed (time (iota (- limit) limit)))

(define (iota n m)
  (if (<= n m)
      (append (list n) (iota (+ n 1) m))
      () ))
(define notToBedisplayed (time (iota (- limit) limit)))

I find that really annoying because I need to really kill the process...

I use a MacOSX laptop G4 and 512Mo of RAM.

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~bergel

Posted on the users mailing list.