[plt-scheme] spgsql "reference to undefined identifier: pg-connect" error

From: Bruce Hauman (bhauman at cs.wcu.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 24 12:51:53 EST 2004

Stephen Wong wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm a new mzscheme/drscheme user and I'm hoping that this is a trivial
> problem in experienced hands.
>
> I'm trying to use spgsql to connect to PostgreSQL which I have verified
> to be working by accessing it using other language/drivers. I installed
> spgsql by copying it under the collects directory, did "(require (lib
> "spgsql.ss" "spgsql"))" as described in the example (this didn't
> generate any errors), but when I tried to create a connection by
> evaluating (define cx (pg-connect HOST PORT DB USER PWD)) with
> appropriate values for the connection parameters, I got the error
> message "reference to undefined identifier: pg-connect".

You probably just need to use the function name connect as in:

(connect HOST PORT DB USER PWD)

I am have never used spgsql.ss but I am assuming that you looked at code
that was prefixed with a require as below:

(require (prefix 'pg- (lib  "spgsql.ss" "spgsql")))

Bruce

> Is my installation of spgsql incorrect (calling mzlib libraries such as
> pregexp is totally functional), or the way I loaded the library, or
> something else?
>
> Stephen

Posted on the users mailing list.