[plt-scheme] image manipulation

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 23 07:50:45 EST 2004

Hi Jerzy,

At Tue, 23 Mar 2004 09:40:48 +0100, Jerzy Karczmarczuk wrote:
> But I am reluctant to say that pixel-processing facilities are usable for
> serious work, unless -
>
> well, unless you are very optimistic. You can't access the pixels FAST,
> you can't manipulate them in memory like 2D vectors, nothing. Getting and
> setting pixels through -dc% is incredibly slow.

Have you tried the relatively new `get-argb-pixels' and
`set-argb-pixels' methods? These copy pixel information to and from a
byte string.

These methods are still not at fast as they can be, and I doubt that
they're fast enough for your purposes. But I wonder whether they're on
the right path. Are these the right kinds of operations to add and
optimize?

Thanks,
Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.