[plt-scheme] Installation problem with PLT Scheme

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon Mar 15 23:45:45 EST 2004

On Mar 15, jppurchase wrote:
> When I double click on the file name, the installation starts, files get
> copied and then I receive an error message which says:
> [...]
> This is a fresh install of Windows XP with all available updates from
> Microsoft installed. I run Zone Alarm Professional 4, Popup Inspector and
> Spam Inspector. Norton Antivirus 2004 is installed and up to date.

This is probably due to a bug that was not caught yet.  The best I can
say is that you should try to see if there is any change when you play
with the network -- try to re-install when you're connected to the web
(or if you did, try when you're not connected).  You can also play
with shutting the network services for the installation.

In any case, if you do manage to install it, then please mail what you
did that made it work.