[plt-scheme] Slideshow questions

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 15 08:06:00 EST 2004

At Mon, 15 Mar 2004 07:01:28 -0500, Prabhakar Ragde wrote:

> 1) Has anyone written code to output a Slideshow presentation as
>    LaTeX (say, seminar style)? Failing that, any pointers on the
>    easiest way to start?

You can produce a ps file (and use ps2pdf to convert it to pdf) to
allow others to read the presentation, or you can convert individual
picts to ps and then use them as figures in your latex document.

What are you after?

> 2) How difficult would it be to create functionality like the
>    full-screen mode of, say, Adobe Reader, which starts the
>    presentation in a draggable, resizeable window, but allows the user
>    to toggle between that and full-screen presentation with
>    keystrokes? I often want to escape spontaneously during a
>    presentation to use another application. I'm using OS X, and can
>    move the full-screen presentation using Alt-right to expose the
>    desktop and click in it, but that is awkward, and it doesn't allow
>    me to minimize the presentation into the Dock.

I use cmd-tab to switch to other applications (this is a built-in
feature of os x starting in 10.3, I believe. It's available as an
add-on in earlier versions of the os).

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.