[plt-scheme] Homepages in Scheme

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 10 08:54:35 EST 2004

Yannis, the problem is that most of us develop our own auxiliaries to
the point where things work well -- for us. I am guilty of this. I
maintain two separate web trees (my home page, and my wife's
uniquelylara.com). Take a look at the similarities and weep: I didn't
even attempt to abstract out code. What's missing?

  (1) Each such project needs a leader.
  (2) We need an infrastructure for describing, depositing, and
automatically downloading modules. That's forthcoming (planet). But (1)
is lost out there. If you take on the leadership, I bet you can get a
whole lot of code from people that does things for you.

-- Matthias

On Mar 10, 2004, at 8:33 AM, Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos
wrote:

> But would that allow me to create DrScheme servlets?
> What I want is to know if there are any DrScheme tools to help to
> create
> webpages (static or dynamic). Maybe some set of macros for common
> patterns or webpage designs, etc.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Paulo Matos
>
> On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 22:55, Yannis.BRES at cma.inria.fr wrote:
>>   For list-related administrative tasks:
>>
>>> I'm about to develop an homepage in DrScheme, however, I'd
>>> like to start simple with just some simple servlets and static
>>> pages and then go to something more complex. However, I'd like
>>> first to know if there is any tool that could help me out on
>>> developing webpages in drscheme.
>>      You should give a try to Skribe :
>> http://www-sop.inria.fr/mimosa/fp/Skribe.
>>           Yannis

>> http://www.yannis.bres.name                        +33 (6) 60 38 79 52
>>
> --
>
> Paulo J. Matos : pocm [_at_] mega . ist . utl . pt
> Instituto Superior Tecnico - Lisbon
> Computer and Software Eng. - A.I.
>  - > http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~pocm
> ---