[plt-scheme] Calling scheme_loaded functions

From: Richard Cleis (rcleis at mac.com)
Date: Wed Mar 10 01:14:57 EST 2004

I have abstracted portions of legacy c-code to a degree that permits me
to write and test functions in DrScheme and then 'scheme_load' them
into c from the source file.  However, I am confused about how to call
the scheme functions.  I have been using 'scheme_eval_string' after
printing expressions into text, but suspect that using Scheme_Object*
references would be more efficient.

Chapter 6 of InsideMz gives me great hope, but the statement
"The scheme_eval_function actually calls scheme_compile followed by
scheme_eval_compiled" convinces me that I am in for a long day of
experimenting to unravel the relationship of these three layers with
the environment produced by scheme_load.

If a function is scheme_loaded, can it be scheme_eval'd?  That would
imply that it could be scheme_compiled once, then scheme_eval_compiled
forever more.  If that is true, then is it possible to scheme_compile
an entire file?

Sorry if I sound uninformed, but I *am*.

rac

 > #t

Posted on the users mailing list.