[plt-scheme] it's class.ss night, tonight...

From: briand at aracnet.com (briand at aracnet.com)
Date: Tue Mar 2 23:40:41 EST 2004

In the docs I read :

    Furthermore, within a single class, a single name can be used as
    an external method name, an external field name, and an external
    initialization argument name.

Cool - that's what I want to do _exactly_.  I want the field name to
be foo, the accessor method foo and the external initialization name
to be foo.

    Overall, the set of all internal variables must be distinct, and
    set of of external variables must be distinct for each of the
    method, field, and initialization-argument categories.

Hey wait a minute.  Doesn't this now tell me I can NOT do what the
first sentence said I could do ??

Further evidence that it doesn't work is the duplicate declared
identifier errors I keep getting.

Brian

Posted on the users mailing list.