[plt-scheme] (no subject)

From: duanewinner at att.net (duanewinner at att.net)
Date: Fri Jul 30 14:03:26 EDT 2004

Hello,

I'm having trouble installing plt-scheme from source on one of my boxes.

On FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE-p9:

# tar xzf plt-207-src-unix.tgz:
# cd plt/src
# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/plt --enabled-shared
# make
# make install

Towards the end of make install, I get this:

(snip)
Libraries have been installed in:
   /usr/local/plt/lib

If you ever happen to want to link against installed libraries
in a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, and
specify the full pathname of the library, or use the `-LLIBDIR'
flag during linking and do at least one of the following:
   - add LIBDIR to the `LD_LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable
     during execution
   - add LIBDIR to the `LD_RUN_PATH' environment variable
     during linking
   - use the `-Wl,--rpath -Wl,LIBDIR' linker flag

See any operating system documentation about shared libraries for
more information, such as the ld(1) and ld.so(8) manual pages.
make finish-stub
if [ normal-install = "normal-install" ] ; then cd /usr/local/plt; ./install ;
fi
standard-module-name-resolver: collection not found: "mzlib" in any of:
("/opt/plt/collects/")
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/jdoe/tmp/plt/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/jdoe/tmp/plt/src.

This worked fine on another box (same FreeBSD release, same plt-scheme source), but don't why it's failing here. Why is it looking in /opt/plt/collects?

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Duane

Posted on the users mailing list.