[plt-scheme] plt support amd 64 bit on linux

From: Dimitry Gashinsky (dig at mail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 20 17:14:00 EDT 2004

Hi all!

I am trying to build plt on amd 64 and having some problems.

First a question to the plt developers. Is the source 64 bit safe? I did not
see any binaries for any other 64 bit platforms. How much effort would be
envolved for a developer who is not an expert on plt internals (me in this
case) to make it work?

Second I am just starting and the problems are mostly in the gc area. I know
that bohm-gc 6.2 supports amd 64, but the one used in the plt is 6.1. Is it
a big uppgrade?

I've got this powerfull new machine and my favotite tool is not working.
I will start working on it on the weekend. Any advice or pointers to the
simmilar efforts would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Dimitry

P.S. Appologies if you recieved this email twice.

Posted on the users mailing list.