[plt-scheme] Fixed size integer arithmetic

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 8 03:48:58 EDT 2004

--- Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> That's what I did last time I needed 32-bit arithmetic.
>
> Furthermore, to avoid allocating bignums, I broke the
> numbers into
> 16-bit halves and returned them using `values'. (Yes,
> even less
> pleasant.)

I don't which amazes me more: the effort you must have put
in to get this code working, or that, as the primary
developer, you didn't simply add 32-bit arithmetic
primitives to MzScheme!

Since I only wanted 32-bit arithmetic for a toy program
I'll consider my options.  If I can be bothered I'll
implement those primitives!

Noel

=====
Email: noelwelsh <at> yahoo <dot> com