[plt-scheme] naming convention for structure constructor vs. wrapper?

From: Michael Sperber (sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Thu Jul 1 13:37:12 EDT 2004

>>>>> "Doug" == Doug Orleans <dougo at place.org> writes:

Doug> I was thinking of using `foo' for the wrapper if it's a macro
Doug> (and keeping `make-foo' as the constructor procedure), similar
Doug> to `generic' vs. `make-generic', but then this clashes with the
Doug> syntax binding produced by `define-struct', which I want to keep
Doug> so that users can define subtypes (or use match, etc).  Any
Doug> other ideas?

Use SRFI 9, where you can pick the name of the constructor.  I usually
choose REALLY-MAKE-xxx for the real constructor, and MAKE-xxx for the
wrapper.  DEFINE-STRUCT sucks.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike