[plt-scheme] embedding MzScheme with Carbon ?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 30 17:38:44 EST 2004

At Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:12:57 -0800, Chris Perkins wrote:
> Well, my testbed has been as a Carbon application, but our final destination
> is a Carbon shared library to be used by a different Carbon application.
> Otherwise, I wouldn't even bother with Carbon at all.
>
> I'm not positive, but I'm fairly sure this locks me into CFM.

If you're constrained to producing a CFM shared library for other apps,
I'm not sure how things work, and you may be right about not linking to
Mach-O. ("Carbon" is orthogonal, I think.)

If that's the case, it might be simpler to get the CodeWarrior build to
work. On closer inspection, I see that you shouldn't have to change
"sconfig.h"; just make sure that OS_X is defined for pre-processing.
For compiling the GC, you may also want to look at the command-line
flags that the normal make process passes to gcc.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.