[plt-scheme] embedding MzScheme with Carbon ?

From: Chris Perkins (cperkins at medialab.com)
Date: Thu Jan 29 20:16:00 EST 2004

I have a Carbon application and a Carbon shared library into which I would like to embed MzScheme.  But, so far it keeps crashing.

It seems like PLT Scheme sort of moved straight from OS 9 to OS X without going Carbon in between. That was very smart, but the decision about Carbon is not mine to make.

I'm using PLTv206 and have made a Carbon library from the MzScheme GC and Scheme sources, removing the TCP/IP stuff.  This builds fine, but after I link against it,  my app crashes in the GC deep under the call to scheme_basic_env.

I've tried the Senora GC, I've tried calling scheme_init_stack_check(), and scheme_set_stack_base() before scheme_basic_env, and I've tried rebuilding the MzScheme library with several different options.

But, as of yet, no luck.

I seem to be randomly fishing and I suspect I'm holding the worm in my hand while the pole is in the water.

I'm about to try the PLT 100 sources, perhaps I'll have better luck there.

But does anyone have any guidance or a MzScheme Carbon library file I can use?  Thanks for any and all help.

Chris Perkins

P.S. I'm using CodeWarrior 8.3

Posted on the users mailing list.