[plt-scheme] servlet development, again

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 27 09:41:18 EST 2004

With overdue apologies, we never implemented a mechanism
for developing module servlets in DrScheme.  I have
recently developed some ten or so modules for a web
server, and I have developed a method for doing so.
It's just a workaround. If needed, I'll try to
page it back in and write up as a short apology.

-- Matthias

On Jan 27, 2004, at 12:02 AM, David Van Horn wrote:

> Daniel Silva wrote:
>> Here is a sample servlet module that comes with the web-server:
>
> Yes, I understand.  Sorry, I don't think I phrased the question quite
> right.
> If you add a call to request-bindings in that servlet, it won't work.
> Neither
> adding the servlet teachpacks nor requiring servlet.ss or
> servlet-helper.ss
> helps.  And develop-servlet, the advertised way to do this, is nowhere
> to be
> found.
>
> But I see why now, the module needs to require servlet-sig.ss.  I had
> thought
> this file only applied to the unit/sig approach.  The documentation
> could be a
> little more helpful; nowhere does it state where the request structure
> is
> defined and mentions servlet-sig only in the context of unit/sig
> servlets.
> Also, all the examples are units except the one you posted, which
> doesn't use
> the request accessors.
>
> Thanks,
> David