[plt-scheme] An Editors Tale

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 23 11:25:13 EST 2004

At Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:08:43 +0000, Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos wrote:
> My question is: how much wanted and how difficult it is to build a
> GTK or other GUI toolkit DrScheme interface?

See

 http://list.cs.brown.edu/pipermail/plt-scheme/2002-September/000717.html

An opinion that's missing from the above message: I suspect that it's
comparatively easy to upgrade the current control-drawing functions for
X, perhaps even taking advatange of existing GTk themes. Nearly all of
the drawing code is in plt/src/wxxt/src/XWidget.

> Features like automatic code generation for classes, methods, getters
> and setters for example would be very, very nice.

That's independent of the GUI foundation, right?

> A tabbed window with multiple files open would also be nice...

Actually, GUI support already exists for this in MrEd.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.