[plt-scheme] changes to file-position aren't captured by read-syntax ?

From: Felix Klock's plt proxy (pltscheme at pnkfx.org)
Date: Thu Jan 22 11:55:41 EST 2004

On Jan 22, 2004, at 11:39 AM, Felix Klock's plt proxy wrote:

> note that while all of the s1/s2/s3's are internally consistent, test
> two is totally out of whack with respect to the original file (and so
> my stack traces will still be totally goofy)

An addendum: test two is only out of whack on its line and column
number information; I think the positions it lists are fine.

A new question: why must the offset-list argument to read-syntax
provide column and line number information?
I'm not sure I want to take the time to make line and column numbers
work, and I know that the DrScheme stack traces can get by with only
position info, so why is the interface for read-syntax forcing me to
provide bogus line and column numbers when all I want to do is override
the position info for the syntax objects I read in?

-Felix

----
"I'm faithful...to both of them!"  -jgreenberg

Posted on the users mailing list.