[plt-scheme] A graphic toplevel

From: Dor Kleiman (dor at ntr.co.il)
Date: Wed Jan 7 02:46:29 EST 2004

You should define a class, such as this lexer/parser%, which is a text%,
but define/override's the on-char method, commes ca:

(define lexer/parser%
  (class text%
    (super-instantiate ())
    (rename (on-char super-on-char))
    (define/override (on-char event)
      (define key (send event get-key-code))
      (if (or (equal? key #\return)
              (equal? key 'numpad-enter))
          (handle-return)
          (super-on-char)))))

This example assumes calls (handle-return) when return is pressed, and
works as a text% normally would on any other key.
It has not been tested; maybe the parenthesis are a bit wrong or I mixed
something up, but this is the general idea.

Good luck.