[plt-scheme] whole-module compiler extensions

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Fri Jan 2 15:32:01 EST 2004

On Dec 28, 2003, at 7:13 AM, Robby Findler wrote:

> If that's not enough, just `expand' the module and the traverse the
> result (see the docs on expand and the implementation of Check Syntax
> for an example).
>
> Robby

An advantage of the approach Robby suggests is that you have better
control over when the analysis is performed.  If you implement the
analysis as a part of expansion, it will happen whenever the code gets
expanded; currently, this can happen when you click execute, when you
click Check Syntax, etc.   If you link the analysis to a tool, you can
control its invocation better.

The no-brainer tool (http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/develop/) is a tool of
mine that performs a very simple pair of static analyses, and might
also be useful to you.  I'd be glad to answer any questions you have
about this code.

john

Posted on the users mailing list.