[plt-scheme] Re: HOWTO: SchemeQL + MySQL on OS X

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 9 18:30:51 EST 2004

On Feb 9, 2004, at 5:23 PM, David J. Neu wrote:
> I'm using mzscheme for developing cgi-bin scripts, and was wondering
> if there is anyway to grab the file and line number at which an error
> occurred?

If it's a syntax error, you should have one already. To catch the
runtime errors in a cgi script, prefix your program with:

   (require (lib "errortrace.ss" "errortrace"))

Note: if you're using modules, do not put that into a module. It must
happen before any of your modules are loaded (you can also change the
commandline arguments to something like mzscheme by adding -L
errortrace.ss errortrace -qu myscript.ss if myscript.ss contains the
main module).

This provides the same raw information that drscheme uses to show stack
traces (ie, when you click on the little bug in the interactions
window), but just without the integration to the PDE.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.