[plt-scheme] PLaneT and FFI

From: Sam TH (samth0 at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 31 11:06:12 EST 2004

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 12:43:22 -0500, David A. Herman
> Will it be possible in v300 to write wrappers for C libraries via
> foreign.ss and put them in PLaneT packages?

Certianly, I've got some waiting for 299 PLaneT.

> What will the compilation
> process be?

You have to assume that the user already has the C library installed.
The FFI doesn't actually touch the C layer until (scheme) runtime. No
C compilation is involved.

The downside here is that you don't automatically get the neccessary C
libraries.  But if PLaneT solved that too, on all of our platforms, he
would get the Nobel Prize instead of a degree.

--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu

Posted on the users mailing list.