[plt-scheme] Scheme server pages

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri Dec 24 15:11:01 EST 2004

On Dec 24, Robby Findler wrote:
> On Dec 24, 2004, at 11:10 AM, Daniel Pinto de Mello e Silva wrote:
>
> > Hi, I want to use embed a bit of server-side Scheme on my HTML
> > pages.  So far I threw together a translator to let me write this:
> > [...]
> > but I was wondering if someone already did this, in which case
> > I'll throw away my reinvented wheel...
>
> You can use XML boxes and run your script with mred -qr instead of
> mzscheme -qr.

For an alternative, text-based approach, you can use mzpp from the
preprocessor collection.  I made it precisely for avoiding writing
such things.  There is also mztext which is much more sophisticated,
sort of like what the TeX language should have been (and I do use it
for stuff I could only dream of doing with TeX).