[plt-scheme] PLaneT in v299?

From: Ian Zimmerman (itz at buug.org)
Date: Thu Dec 16 01:18:52 EST 2004

Doug> Is it my imagination or is PLaneT missing from the (exp-tagged)
Doug> v299 source tree?

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but what _is_ PLaneT?  I use v. 208
(via the Debian package), and I have downloaded all the documents, but
the closest it gets to explaining PLaneT is this:

  When the default module name is given a module path of the form
  (planet . datum) as its first argument, it provides all of the
  resolver arguments to the PLaneT resolver. If the PLaneT resolver has
  not yet been loaded, it is loaded in the initial namespace by
  requiring planet-module-name-resolver from (lib "resolver.ss"
  "planet").  Thereafter, the PLaneT resolver receives each
  namespace-attach-module notification that the standard resolver
  receives.

(Language Manual, 5.4.1)

which is not very enlightening at all, in fact it has a circular feel
of the "GNU's Not Unix" sort to it.

--
"It's not true or not."  A reality show producer (real quote)