[plt-scheme] identifiers in Unicode

From: Jim Blandy (jimb at redhat.com)
Date: Tue Dec 14 12:39:21 EST 2004

Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> writes:
> On Dec 10, Jim Blandy wrote:
> > Is there any detailed documentation yet on how MzScheme will support
> > Scheme source code written in UTF-8?  Will it?  Will the syntax for
> > identifiers (say) be extended to include characters beyond ASCII?
>
> Symbols contain utf-8 strings.

Well, that's not quite what I asked.  Let me rephrase: if I hand
"read" a stream of UTF-8 characters, and it starts trying to parse an
s-expression from them, which characters will it consider to be part
of an identifier?  Which will it consider to be whitespace?  Which
will it consider to be numbers?

> > The manual I see on the web is v208, which precedes the big Unicode
> > jump --- right?
>
> Go to download.plt-scheme.org/scheme/docs for the nightly built docs,
> the htmls are also available at docs.plt-scheme.org.

Thanks --- I'll go look at that.

Posted on the users mailing list.