[plt-scheme] Re: Interacting w/ MzScheme

From: karczma at info.unicaen.fr (karczma at info.unicaen.fr)
Date: Sat Dec 11 06:04:39 EST 2004

Bradd W. Szonye writes:

> Robby Findler wrote:
>> Please. This is completely different. MS says "we don't tell you the
>> format and we're gonig to change it so that any tools you might build
>> will fail in the next release." PLT says "The format is completely
>> open. In fact, we give you a program that reads it into an _object_

> This is one of the most bizarre uses of "open" I've ever seen. Providing
> a tool to manipulate an opaque format doesn't make it any less opaque.
> Note that Microsoft scripting tools let you do basically the same thing.
> You're shouting how different you are, yet the description sounds not at
> all different.
>
>> But why?
>
> You really need to ask?

Well, not having anything to do with you, I would also like to know why.
You see, your indecent, almost insulting comparisons have been answered
in a nice manner, the PLT people want to know what are your *real* needs.
If you just refuse the answer, it might happen that your further questions
will be answered similarly, what do you think?

Jerzy Karczmarczuk

Posted on the users mailing list.