[plt-scheme] Interacting w/ MzScheme

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Thu Dec 9 23:02:07 EST 2004

I find it strange that it wasn't mentioned so far, but one property
that Emacs has and DrScheme doesn't is, IMO, largly responsible for
making Emacs as good as it is (possibly some blame for being as bad as
it is too) -- the fact that it is dynamic.  It would be really nice if
every application came with one of those button things which drop down
some settings window, with a repl that works at the drscheme level
where you can hack the application dynamically.  The reason that
drscheme doesn't have it is (again, IMO) the core difference which
makes it what it is, meaning that there is little chance to get
drscheme to be more emacs-like without some non-trivial design.

(...also related to why I think that it is a very good idea to keep
`eval' in Scheme even if it is never used.)