[plt-scheme] Interacting w/ MzScheme

From: Felix Klock's PLT scheme proxy (pltscheme at pnkfx.org)
Date: Thu Dec 9 21:53:04 EST 2004

On Dec 9, 2004, at 9:36 PM, Daniel Hagerty wrote:
>     Try C-u M-x run-scheme and feed it "mred -z" as your scheme
> intepreter.  This should *probably* fit within the standard inferior
> scheme mode for emacs, but I haven't tried beating on it very hard.

I've tried the mred sequence suggested above.  When using mred for GUI
development, I've found that it doesn't really work, due to how
eventspaces interact by default with the terminal repl.

I instead recommend using [[ the name of a file holding ]] the
following shell script as the argument to RUN-SCHEME

#!/bin/sh
~/bin/PLT/bin/mred -e "(current-eventspace (make-eventspace))" -z $@

-Felix, who is keeping himself from commenting on the virtues of
DrScheme versus those of Emacs.

----
"The 6 quarts of cream of mushroom soup inside my
  wetsuit are still deliciously warm"
  -www.redmeat.com

Posted on the users mailing list.