[plt-scheme] Custom GUI's in Scheme

From: Arctic Fidelity (af at aaronhsu.com)
Date: Sun Dec 5 20:37:04 EST 2004

Hey everyone,

I am having some trouble figuring out what the best way would be
to create a textually intensive custom GUI toolkit or something of
that nature for a program. Basically, I have someone who wants a
program with a very...unique look. She (hehe, go figure) wants to
have a program with lot's of color, shadows, etc.

The problem is that I can't find a way to do that with the MrEd
tookbox, and I assume you can't. What's I'm looking for then, is a
good way to create this application. I know that with other IDE's you
can create your own objects, such as buttons that are bitmaps, etc.
But I am at a loss of how to do it in PLT scheme. Really, if I could
just find some way to put color and a little more definition into the
basic tool box, that would be great, rather than having to rewrite the
entire thing. :-/

Now doubt my ignorance is rather glaring out at you all right now,
but I couldn't see the way to do this.

- Aaron Hsu

Posted on the users mailing list.