[plt-scheme] reduction-semantics problems

From: Jacob Matthews (jacobm at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 17 12:15:51 EDT 2004

I looked into it a bit, and I'm pretty sure this is the result of a much
deeper bug that we've known about for a while but haven't fixed yet
wherein multiple PLT Redex languages can sometimes interfere with each
other. For now, I think that if you remove `works' from the program you
sent, `doesnt-work' will start behaving properly.

-jacob

Jay McCarthy wrote:

>I'm experimenting with the reduction-semantics package after I read
>about it through LtU. [1]
>
>I'm having a weird problem where a language will do what I want it to,
>but if I rename some of the terminals to other names (that don't
>conflict with anything I've defined) it doesn't work. Are there some
>protected terminal names that can't be used? (Others like "hole"?)
>
>Attached is the code, it's kind of nasty because it is being generated
>by some other code. (Explanation of its purpose: Visualize automata.)
>
>Jay McCarthy
>
>1. http://lambda-the-ultimate.org/node/view/159

Posted on the users mailing list.