[plt-scheme] Ocaml or scheme for decompiler?

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 7 18:54:40 EDT 2004

On Aug 6, 2004, at 8:32 PM, Jim Witte wrote:

>   Which language would people recommend to write a C++ decompler for
> ARM code for a specific processor with a specific compiler (which I
> have)?
The one you're most comfortable with. Both are probably fine. Both
provide some form of regexps and parsing.

>   Thing's it would have to deal with in the code (which has symbolic
> information for parameters, which makes type inference):

If you want a language with type inference, use OCAML. But I think I am
not understanding your question.

Everything else appears doable with strings, structs, and hashtables,
unless I misunderstand your Englih.

-- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.