[plt-scheme] release-snip doesn't trigger resized

From: Mike T. Machenry (dskippy at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 6 02:11:17 EDT 2004

HA! I knew get-extent must be getting called and I couldn't figure out why
it wasn't. You see, when I went looking for a method to hook into to find
out when the pasteboard was being shown, I wrote a macro to override all the
methods with a (printf "method name") and get-extent, as you might have
guessed, didn't show up. I guess this is why. Thanks for looking in to that
for me. I'll check this out tomorrow. It's far to late to be here now.

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 02:50:18PM -0600, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> At Thu, 5 Aug 2004 15:48:26 -0400, "Mike T. Machenry" wrote:
> > This is another oddity that I don't know whether or not it's a bug or just
> > my miss understanding. This program inserts a snip, s5, and then releases it
> > which leaves the pasteboard, ap, the same size as it was.
> This looks like a bug, where a pasteboard doesn't try to resize itself
> after a snip is deleted.
> I can fix it for v299.13. Meanwhile, the best workaround is probably to
> move the snip just before deleting it, and put the two operations in a
> sequence.
> Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.