[plt-scheme] can't compile 208 on no-cost version of RH Enterprise Linux

From: Neil W. Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Thu Aug 5 22:18:20 EDT 2004

Bill Richter <richter at math.northwestern.edu> writes at 21:01 05-Aug-2004 -0500:
> XWidgets/xwTabString.c:6:27: warning: X11/Intrinsic.h: No such file or directory

You're probably missing X Window System header files.  They are probably
in some "-devel" RPM that you or your system administrator needs to
install.  Or maybe you already have them installed but they are in an
unusual directory that you need to tell PLT's "configure" about.

For what it's worth, to the people having trouble building PLT 208...
208 built fine under Debian GNU/Linux "unstable" using GCC 3.3.4.
So I guess Debian has even less cost than no-cost.

Posted on the users mailing list.