[plt-scheme] Re: case-sensitive reader by default

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 28 14:22:03 EDT 2004

On Apr 28, 2004, at 2:19 PM, Philippe Meunier wrote:

> I vote in favor of case-sensitivity.  Code that is written in
> case-sensitive mode will work both in case-sensitive and
> case-insensitive mode.  That's not true for code written in
> case-insensitive mode.

Interesting side issue: when your program contains errors,
this is not true. An erroneous program may become a program
with a different error :-) or a program that doesn't raise
an error anymore. See Philippe's example.

Note: The idea of not considering the behavior of erroneous
programs pervades the history of CS. As we have discovered
with DrScheme and TeachScheme!, this is of course wrong.

-- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.