[plt-scheme] 2004 ICFP Programming Contest Announcement

From: Nate Foster (jnfoster at cis.upenn.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 27 14:07:34 EDT 2004

Announcing...

The Seventh Annual

           ICFP PROGRAMMING CONTEST

           4 June - 7 June 2004

          http://icfpcontest.org/

Convinced your favorite programming language provides unbeatable
productivity?  Convinced you and your friends are world-class
programmers?

If so, we're providing you the opportunity to prove it!  We are
pleased to announce the Seventh ICFP Programming Contest to be held in
conjunction with the 2004 International Conference on Functional
Programming (ICFP 2004).  All programmers are invited to enter the
contest, either individually or in teams; we especially encourage
students to enter.  You may use any programming language (or
combination of languages) to show your skill.

On Friday, 4 June 2004 at 12:00 Noon (EDT), we will publish a
challenge task on the Web site and by e-mail to the contest mailing
list.  Teams will have 72 hours until Monday, 7 June 2004, 12:00 Noon
(EDT) to implement a program to perform this task and submit it to the
contest judges.  We have designed the contest for direct, head-to-head
comparison of language technology and programming skill.  We have a
range of prizes including cash awards and, of course, unlimited
bragging rights for the winners.

For more information about the contest, prizes, and registration,
point your browser to the contest website.

- 2004 ICFP Contest Team
  http://icfpcontest.org/

Posted on the users mailing list.