[plt-scheme] Problems fetching page

From: Neil W. Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sat Apr 24 13:32:11 EDT 2004

First of all, that particular server is hostile.  I've tried variations
of HTTP protocol on it, and the server is surprisingly inflexible in
general.

Anyway, I found that a *octet-by-octet identical* HTTP request as the
one *rejected* when done by "get-pure-port" is *successful* when sent
manually with "telnet".

The only difference seemed to be in TCP packet headers and
fragmentation.  Unfortunately, I'm late to run out the door now, but the
next step would be to fire up Ethereal and figure out exactly how the
TCP packets differ and what of those differences is triggering the
problem.  It's probably something silly.

If you are in a huge hurry, Httper "http-get-content" works for me in
this case.  Beware I don't plan to do any more work on Httper, even
bug-fixing, since I want to write a new library to properly implement
more advanced HTTP features.

--
                                             http://www.neilvandyke.org/