[plt-scheme] Problems fetching page

From: Anton van Straaten (anton at appsolutions.com)
Date: Sat Apr 24 12:53:28 EDT 2004

Jens Axel Søgaard wrote:
> I want to extract some information (the list of news) from the
> page <http://www.drv.dk>. Unfortunately it is redirected and thus
> the functions GET-PURE-PORT and GET-IMPURE-PORT give me problems.

It looks to me as though redirection is not the problem.  If you telnet to
port 80 on www.drv.dk and enter:

GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: www.drv.dk

...and press enter twice, you get back a response which shows the real
page - a frameset which references default_frontpage.aspx - but appended to
that normal response is the server error you're seeing.  It looks as though
PLT is only picking up the error response.

I haven't seen a web site do this before - I don't know if it's a site
configuration error, or something intentional designed to give an error
response to certain browsers.  Anyone else know?

Anton

Posted on the users mailing list.