[plt-scheme] Error installing PLTScheme v 206p1

From: Zhu Chongkai (mathematica at citiz.net)
Date: Mon Apr 19 23:10:58 EDT 2004

Other poeple (include me) also meet the same situation when installing 206 on Windows.

I suggest you to install version 205 instead, which doesn't have this problem.

Zhu Chongkai

I am running Windows XP Pro and have downloaded PLT Scheme and am trying to install.  Each
attempt has produced an error resulting in the abort of the installation.  The first part of the install
where the files are extracted goes fine, but as soon as the "setup" screen appears the install
aborts.  I thought the problem might be the pathname (C:\Program Files\PLT) so I changed it
to C:\PLT, but this made no difference.  There is no log file of the install that I have found, so I
am unable to determine what is going wrong.  Any help would be appreciated.

JeffS