[plt-scheme] Documentation questions

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 9 08:51:09 EDT 2004

At Fri, 09 Apr 2004 13:37:54 +0200, beuc at beuc.net wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are working on a little language that will be integrated in DrScheme.
> We would like to create documentation like DrScheme's and have several questions:
>
> - Is there some documentation on how to create .plt?

Did you search in help desk for ".plt"?

> Also, why does this
>   format uses base64 (files are 1/3 bigger)?

So that the files can be emailed (without attachments) or copy/pasted
and still survive. We first started using them in the days before
email attachment were common, in fact.

> - Why aren't DrScheme's documentation sources available? Anyway, could
>   we get at least some sample documents?

I'm pretty sure you don't want to see DrScheme's documentation sources;
having seen them quite a lot myself, I doubt they will clairify
anything for you. They're quite messy.

Do you have more specific questions?

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.