[plt-scheme] Documentation questions

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri Apr 9 08:16:27 EDT 2004

On Apr  9, beuc at beuc.net wrote:
> We are working on a little language that will be integrated in
> DrScheme.  We would like to create documentation like DrScheme's and
> have several questions:
>
> - Is there some documentation on how to create .plt?

Well, `setup-plt -h' will tell you about packing up plt files.  If
you're looking for information of the format of documentation
collections, look in collects/help/doc.txt.

>   Also, why does this format uses base64 (files are 1/3 bigger)?

(Probably historical reasons...  But transfer times should usually not
suffer since any compressed transfer (supported by many browsers and
servers) will recover this 1/3.)

> - Why aren't DrScheme's documentation sources available? Anyway,
>   could we get at least some sample documents?

The documentation sources are part of another tree which you really
don't want to see.  The build process is quite complicated because a
lot of it is built by various scripts (it takes about 25 minutes on a
really fast machine) -- but the important fact is that it is not
uniform.  The only thing you need to do is to get the .html
files and the keywords and the hdindex files, and pack them up into a
collection that will be unpacked into collects/doc/<something>.