[plt-scheme] let-syntax bug

From: Andre van Tonder (andre at het.brown.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 6 11:44:14 EDT 2004

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Felix Klock's PLT scheme proxy wrote:

> Andre-
>
> I believe that what you are pointing out is not a bug.
>
> See previous discussion:

Ah.  I missed that discussion.  However, I am wont to disagree with R5RS
on this one.  Instead, I agree with Chez and with the poster of

  http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/mailarch/plt-scheme-2002/msg00206.html

R5RS> Definitions may occur at the beginning of a <body> (that
R5RS> is, the body of a lambda, let, let*, letrec, let-syntax,
R5RS> or letrec-syntax expression or that of a definition of an
R5RS> appropriate form). Such definitions are known as internal
R5RS> definitions as opposed to the top level definitions
R5RS> described above.

Essentially, it seems to me that R5RS is confusing expand-time and
run-time constructs by even allowing internal definitions inside a
let-syntax.  What could such an internal define possibly mean at
expansion time?  This must be a typo?

Andre

Posted on the users mailing list.