[plt-scheme] Unicode, take 3

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 1 16:51:36 EST 2004

At Thu, 1 Apr 2004 22:54:25 +0200, Grzegorz Chrupała wrote:
> I would be seriously interested in knowing about plans and schedule for
> basic Unicode support in PLT scheme.

The "take 2" version was pretty much implemented at the MzScheme/MrEd
level shortly after I sent this message:

A few applications have been ported, including SirMail. (Is your name
rendered correctly above?) When Robby's day job lets up, I expect that
DrScheme won't be far behind.

You can actually get v299.3 from CVS by update with -r v299 instead of
-r exp. I don't recommend it until DrScheme and Help Desk are ready. In
case anyone insists, v299 docs are temporarily available at

(You have to read the docs with v206 Help Desk.)

Posted on the users mailing list.