[plt-scheme] requiring .plt files without installation?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 8 16:23:09 EDT 2003

At Thu, 4 Sep 2003 19:43:48 -0400 (EDT), Ryan Jarvis wrote:
> Now when I open up drscheme in and try to execute my sgl program I get the
> following error:
>
> load-extension: couldn't open
> "/home/rjarvis/.plt-scheme/205/collects/sgl/compiled/native/i386-
> linux/gl-prims.so"
> (/home/rjarvis/.plt-scheme/205/collects/sgl/compiled/native/i386-
> linux/gl-prims.so: undefined symbol: glGetError)

This probably means that MrEd wasn't compiled with GL support.

(I forgot about this potential problem, but now I remember that it was
relevant to the question of where sgl-v205.plt installs itself, at
least under Unix.)

Unfortunately, there's no solution except to re-compile MrEd.

It's a little puzzling that GL support was disabled during "configure".
Under Linux, GL support should be enabled by default, at least when the
relevant headers and libraries are present. Maybe a library is missing?
(The headers must be present, others sgl wouldn't have compiled.)

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.