[plt-scheme] Web server authorisation

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 27 00:57:27 EST 2003

A question about the web server:

I see there is a function, extract-user-pass, to get
usernames and passwords for HTTP headers.  If you
create a .htaccess file and have the correct
configuration Apache will send an HTTP authorisation
response whenever you attempt to access the protected
resources.  Web browsers recognise this and pop up a
little login box.  Is there any function or
configuration to send the appropriate response from
the PLT web server?  What if I want authorisation to
operate over https for security?  Can I configure
certain pages to be sent over secure connections only?

In the documentation a send/back function is mentioned
in association with report-errors-to-browser, but this
function is not documented in the rest of the
documentation.

Thanks,
Noel

=====