[plt-scheme] a couple of questions about namespaces

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 24 16:19:35 EDT 2003

At Fri, 24 Oct 2003 20:12:35 +0200, "MicheleSimionato at libero.it" wrote:
> 1. Can I delete a name from the corrent namespace, i.e. undefine a variable ?

Yes: `namespace-undefine-variable!'.

> 2. After some experiment, it seems that the current namespace is
> actually the top-level namespace. Is there some direct way to access
> the local namespace, i.e. adding/modifying local bindings
> dynamically?

You're right that a namespace corresponds to a top-level environment.

There's no way to convert an arbitrary non-top-level enviornment into a
namespace (i.e., nothing like the `current-environment' primitive that
some Scheme implementations provide).

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.