[plt-scheme] Touch can break a distribution?

From: Bradd W. Szonye (bradd+plt at szonye.com)
Date: Thu Oct 23 23:13:41 EDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 06:11:56PM -0400, Guillaume Marceau wrote:
> If I update the timestamp on collects/syntax/boundmap.ss (with 'touch'),
> my program stops working with a error message about contracts. Then, if I
> update the timestamp on syntax/compiled/boundmap.zo, it works again. I
> understand mzscheme tries to automatically update the .zo if it is out of
> date. Somehow, the compiler fails its updating.

According to the MzScheme docs, the compiler isn't supposed to
automatically update the .zo, but it does ignore it if it's older than
the source file. It's a bit strange that the two aren't equivalent,
though. Either the source is out of sync, or (more likely IMO), your
program is doing something to change the interpretation of boundmap.ss.

> I am trying to modify boundmap.ss the dump some debugging information
> that would help me track my current bug.

Sounds like your changes (either in boundmap.ss or in some global
parameter) are breaking the module.
--
Bradd W. Szonye
http://www.szonye.com/bradd