[plt-scheme] slideshow.ss question

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 1 08:37:48 EDT 2003

[For others possibly interested in Slideshow: I've just added an
 "example-show.ss" tutorial to the "texpict" collection.]

At Wed, 1 Oct 2003 01:52:57 -0400, "Anton van Straaten" wrote:
> Next question, maybe tougher: can slideshow.ss display antialiased fonts
> under Linux/XFree86?  If so, what are the requirements to achieve this?
> Freetype, XFS, XFT

Yes. More specifically:

 * An X server that supports the RENDER extension. (Most any recent
   XFree86 supports it. Xsun doesn't in Solaris 2.8, but I heard that
   it does in 2.9.)

 * The Xft and Xrender headers and libraries, plus anything that they
   depend on (which is at least fontconfig and freetype).

When you run `configure' to build MrEd, it will decided whether to
include Xft support (based on whether it can find Xrender and Xft
headers/libraries).

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.