[plt-scheme] Where is macroexpand in PLT Scheme?

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 12 08:29:48 EST 2003

At Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:27:28 -0800 (PST), Bill Clementson wrote:
> However, look at the first syntax object - it has colorer.ss as the
> source. That doesn't make sense to me. Why is colorer.ss the source
> file for "require"?

The source is not colorer.ss. The source is an editor object -- see the
struct:object: at the beginning and the #<> around the whole thing? The
filename in there is the (best approximation to the) source location of
the class that was instantiated to create the editor object.

Text in the definitions window has its source location is the editor
object (ie an instance of a class derived from text%), not a filename.
This is the hook that allows drscheme to color errors and do other
things (like check syntax, etc etc)

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.