[plt-scheme] Where is macroexpand in PLT Scheme?

From: Bill Clementson (bill_clementson at yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 11 16:59:30 EST 2003

--- Robby Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:
> At Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:00:32 -0800 (PST), Bill
> Clementson wrote:
> > The expansion seems to do an "expand" rather than
> an
> > "expand-to-top-level".
>
> Probably because I've never heard of
> expand-to-top-level. :)

Oops, I meant expand-to-top-form :-(

> Technically, it uses
> expand-syntax-top-level-with-compile-time-evals.
> Details on it are in Help Desk.

My point was that the information that is displayed is
similar to the information displayed when you do a
(syntax-object->datum (expand '(some-macro
some-params))) while I think a more meaningful
expansion would be the result of (syntax-object->datum
(expand-to-top-form '(some-macro some-params)))

> > Also, the "General Info" on the right-hand side of
> the
> > expansion always seems to have a colorer.ss
> structure
> > as the source. What is the significance of this?
>
> Try clicking around in the expansion. That info
> changes based on the
> syntax object you're looking out.

When I click around in the expansion, the "Source" in
the right-hand side is always either colorer.ss or #f.
Can you suggest some source file in the PLT collects
directories that I can load that will show some other
value in "Source"? What is "Source" meant to represent
anyhow? I thought it would be the source file where
the macro is defined.

--
Bill Clementson